Resilient Virginia is a non-profit organization dedicated to accelerating resiliency planning in communities across the Commonwealth. This year they are hosting their 4th Resilient Virginia Conference: From Recovery to Resilience – Moving to Vibrant, Healthy and Equitable Communities, August 25-27th.
The past year’s COVID experiences have highlighted the need for inclusive resiliency plans that integrate health, social, and economic concerns with ever-increasing climate change impacts. The conference will bring national and local perspectives on solutions being formulated to address vulnerabilities while moving forward to create a more economically sound and equitable future.
Anyone who is interested in building resiliency in their community cannot miss this opportunity to network with other resiliency professionals, learn about the tools available for planning, and meet other organizations who are also working on their own path to resiliency.
They have a comprehensive line-up of plenary speakers who are going to cover Federal, State, and Business Perspectives on Resiliency; the Role of States in Supporting Local Resiliency; Equity as a Guiding Force in Resiliency; and the Science of Climate Adaptation. Breakout sessions and workshops will further address Infrastructure Adaptation; Rural and Urban Resiliency; and Resilient Economics.
Advantages of attendance:
• Receive the tools, information, and networking opportunities you need to help build resiliency in your community
• Hear from expert speakers at the national, state, and local levels who will address funding, tools, and real-world scenarios in the development of inclusive resiliency plans
• Network with resiliency practitioners, policymakers, and academics
• Admittance to the Green Jobs Forum and Career Fair hosted by Leaders in Energy
• Access to Exhibitor booths where you can learn more about businesses and organizations who are addressing inclusive resilience
If you are interested in attending, please visit their website.