VCC is partnering with VASun on a Electric Vehicle and Solar Co-op Program. This program seeks to unite the buying powers of two programs: the solar co-op and the electric vehicle charging station group buy. During 2019 VCC will be working with VASun to organize and promote these programs in different regions of the Commonwealth.
Co-op Goal: The Charlottesville EV Solar Charger co-op aims to address barriers to the adoption of solar and electric vehicles through a community-driven bulk purchase program that helps Charlottesville and Albermarle couny homeowners and businesses install solar PV and level 2 electric vehicle chargers.
Co-op Website: https://www.solarunitedneighbors.org/virginia/go-solar-in-virginia/go-solar-in-a-virginia-group/charlottesville-solar-and-ev-charger-co-op/
Geography: Charlottesville and greater Albermarle County
Partner Opportunities: Partners help spread the word about the group, help plan info sessions and relevant events etc anhttps://www.solarunitedneighbors.org/virginia/go-solar-in-virginia/go-solar-in-a-virginia-group/charlottesville-solar-and-ev-charger-co-od coordinate other outreach (flyering) as appropriate. Partner logo would be featured on website, co-op materials etc.
General Timeline (March- November 2019)
· Launch phase: March – August
· RFP Issuance and Contractor Selection: May
· Sign up deadline for participants : August 31st
· Site Visit installation Phase: September- November
· Celebration Party: December
Detailed Timeline of Outreach Opportunities
• Official Launch: Website Up and Ready: March 13th Press release, etc,.
• First Info Sessions (Week of March 25th)
• Second Info Sessions (Weeks of April 15 /22)
• Additional Info Sessions : July and August
• Optional Webinar Info Session (variable dates)
· Sign up deadline for new participants August 31st