“DRIVE Electric USA” is a $1.8 million project recently funded by the Department of Energy to advance electric vehicle adoption rates in each of the participating 14 states. Over the course of the next three years Clean Cities Coalitions and various stakeholders will be working together to analyze and attack market barriers of EV adoption for fleets and individual consumers. Each state will utilize each other to advance towards a cleaner American transportation system while also learning and implementing unique practices most appropriate for their state’s culture and governance.
Listed below are the states involved and their respective coalition leading the “DRIVE Electric USA” initiative.
Alabama – Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition
Colorado – Denver Metro Clean Cities Coalition
Florida – Central Florida Clean Cities Coalition
Georgia – Clean Cities-Georgia
Kansas – Kansas City Regional Clean Cities
Louisiana – Louisiana Clean Fuels
Missouri – St. Louis Clean Cities
North Carolina – Triangle Clean Cities
Ohio – Clean Fuels Ohio
Pennsylvania – Eastern Pennsylvania Alliance for Clean Transportation
Tennessee – East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition
Utah – Utah Clean Cities
Virginia – Virginia Clean Cities
Wisconsin – Wisconsin Clean Cities
The project features seven priority areas for measuring outcomes and ensuring an effective program.
- Statewide Branded EV Programs
- Programs intended to garner local support and resources for positive exposure
- Consumer Education
- Educate consumers through direct participation in EV Ride and Drives
- Utility and Regulator Education
- Hold programs for state utility regulators on the benefits of transportation electrification and other EV best practices.
- EV Charging Infrastructure and Planning
- Develop plans for strategic EV charging stations in all community levels to encourage and educate stakeholders and public.
- Education of State and Local Government Officials
- Educate state level on best practices for EV incentive programs and act as guide for local communities in EVSE operations and enforcement.
- Dealer Engagement
- Secure relationships with 40 or more dealerships and develop EV dealer programs.
- Fleet Engagement and EV Adoption
- Engage with fleets across all states and encourage, assist, and educate on EV adoption.
Learn more about the “DRIVE Electric USA” priority areas and project details here.