2015 Rally at the Raceway Ride and Drive Information
- 3:30-4:15pm: Sponsor and display vehicle staging – (see the Sponsorship Instructions for further details)
- 4:30pm: All attendees arrive at Richmond International Raceway, enter through Gate 4, driving directions are available here.
- If you are a sponsor bringing a vehicle to display or ride and drive on the track, please meet in the Sponsor Vehicle area on the map below.
- If you are bringing a personal vehicle to drive on the race track, please meet in the Other Alt Fuel Vehicles area.
- If you are planning to ride or drive another vehicle, please park in the General Parking area.
- 4:30-5:00pm: In the Sponsor Vehicle area, attendees will sign the appropriate waivers, check out the vehicles, and line up.
- 5:00-5:30pm: All vehicles will drive behind the pace car, which will leave from the Sponsor Vehicles area, go around the race track, under the car tunnel and on to pit road. From pit road, groups of 8 will have the chance to demo the vehicles until 6pm. There is a walking tunnel available for those who’d like to watch from the sideline.
- 5:30-6:00pm: After attendees have completed the laps on the track, they will head up to the Torque Club for the reception.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How fast can I go on the track? A: All cars must drive behind the Raceway’s pace car, which will drive at 55mph
- Q: How many times can I go around the track? A: You’ll be able to do 4-5 laps around the track
- Q: How many cars will be on the track at once? A: 8 cars will be allowed on the track at once
- Q: What do I need to bring? A: A valid driver’s license
- Q: What vehicles can I drive? A: Ultimately, test driving or riding in the displayed vehicles will be left to the discretion of the owner or vendor so please be prepared to show proof of license (for example a CDL)
- Q: Where should I park? A: If you’re driving your own vehicle, drive to the vehicle staging area and if you’re going to drive or ride someone else’s vehicle, park in the designated guest parking area on the map