We are excited to share that the Green Operator truck replacement program has made it through its waitlist and is now accepting applications on a first-come / first-served basis! This program is administrated by Ecologix, the Port of Virginia and Virginia Clean Cities with a goal to reduce the amount of air pollution from drayage trucks in the Commonwealth. To facilitate this reduction, the Green Operator program is offering rebates of up to $30,000 for drayage truck replacements.
Fleet owners and independent owner operators are encouraged to apply. To be eligible, trucks must:
- Provide drayage truck service to the Port of Virginia facilities.
- Have 2006 engines or older, Class 8 vehicles with a GVWR of 33,000 pounds or more.
- Have been owned for at least two years by the applicant and will be verified by the date on the title.
- Be operated at least 7,000 miles for each of the two prior years to be accepted.
- Old trucks must be operable on the day scrappage is authorized.
- Have current registration and valid proof of insurance.
- Be free of any liens.
- Be able to drive forward and backward at least 25 feet.
If you drive for the Port of Virginia and are looking to replace your truck you can learn more and apply today on the Green Operator website. The deadline for this funding period is June 30th, so don’t delay! If you have any questions you can reach us online or by calling the Green Operator Hotline at 804-482-1790.