The Clean Cities University Workforce Development Program is an initiative of Clean Cities, a government-industry partnership sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Vehicle Technologies Program. Clean Cities strives to reduce petroleum consumption in the transportation sector in nearly 100 communities across the country. Since the creation of the CCUWDP in 2010, Clean Cities has hosted more than 250 interns in more than 60 Coalitions.
The Clean Cities internship will give students studying communications, public relations, business, marketing, engineering or environmental sciences the opportunity to grow public awareness and expand the markets of advanced vehicle technologies, alternative fuels, and practices that reduce the consumption of petroleum.Students have participated in research, outreach activities, public education, K-12 outreach, fleet events, and a vast array of transportation-related environmental projects.
Virginia Clean Cites has been awarded an internship position for the Summer of 2016. VCC is based out of James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA. The intern will work out of our office on Technology Drive. For more information about what VCC does, please visit the rest of this site or visit our Facebook at www.facebook.com/virginiacleancities
- Up to 34 internships available at competitively-selected U.S. Clean Cities Coalition locations working with dynamic Clean Cities coordinators and their stakeholders
- Positions are 30 or 40 hours per week (40 hours for VCC) for 10 weeks over the summer
- Internship dates: approximately June 6, 2016 through August 19, 2016
- Stipends range from $3,600 – $6,000 per semester depending on academic classification and number of hours assigned by the coalition.
- Many past internships have led to permanent positions!
To submit your resume and complete the online application, please click here and complete the application process by January 18, 2016.
If selected, interns will be notified by March 1, 2016.
Questions? Email: CleanCitiesIntern@anl.gov or email@example.com