As the world finds itself in this decisive decade to avoid the worst impacts of climate change, Generation180 developed this report to make the case for a clean mobility future that will help to revitalize transportation in Virginia—bringing jobs, new economic investment, and growth along the way.
This second edition of our Virginia Drives Electric report includes new and updated findings that indicate that Virginians are overwhelmingly in favor of clean energy and electric mobility, programs that accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles, and policies that could help fund this important work.
- 73% of Virginians think it is important for Virginia to reduce its dependence on fossil fuels and transition to clean energy.
- 70% of Virginians support state investments in modernizing and electrifying its transportation sector.
- 79% of Virginians have a positive view of electric vehicles.
- 58% of Virginians are likely to consider an electric vehicle for their next car.
- 67% of Virginians support implementing the Transportation and Climate Initiative Program.