On March 23rd, 2011 Virginia Clean Cities hosted a comprehensive workshop on fleet innovation, addressing the subject of EcoDriving, Electric Vehicles, and Hydrogen. This workshop was held in Fairfax Virginia at the Fairfax County Government Center.
Participants learned About:
- Update on Virginia Clean Cities efforts and stakeholders
- Chelsea Jenkins, VCC Executive Director Presentation PDF
- Fuel Economy- with hands-on experience with driving methods to save fuel and money
- Joe O’Neill, NC Solar Center Driving for Economy Presentation PDF
- Technology setup Video Link
- Electric transportation basics, including current and future vehicle models, safety and first responder information
- Rich Cregar – Wake Tech EV Presentation PDF
- Ride and Drive Electric and advanced technology vehicles
- Beltway Companies Navistar eStar PDF
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell information
- Greg Jackson, University of Maryland Hydrogen Overview Presentation PDF
Attendees received a complementary lunch, sponsored by Beltway Companies, and had an opportunity to drive demonstration vehicles as well as experiment with equipment. Event agenda (PDF)
Special thanks to the U.S. Department of Energy and to the Clean Energy Transportation Project for supporting this event.
Ecodriving Instructions: Ecodriving Instructions PDF